Wednesday 3 February 2016

Digital educational souurces I've used so far.

                                              credit: Yahoo images

Since I started PIDP 3240 in the beginning of 2016, I tried to use and apply some of the digital educational sources for my teaching and learning purposes. 

 Some of you noticed that I shared blogs and interesting websites on the VCC-School of Instructor Education Facebook page.  I created a Twitter account something I thought I would despise. Now the feeling went  down a notch...I'm still not sure about Twitter but I'll keep the account till the course is over. I participated e-communication with my students on our class' private Facebook page and I absolutely love this. Also, I am incorporating videos for my lessons either in class time or uploading on my class' private Facebook page. I don't do power points presentations however the school I teach at have power point presentations saved on the desktop and I pick and choose a few slides to show to the class, and both students and I felt it was perfect for their learning styles. Not too much and not too little.

As I am doing my assignments for PIDP 3240, initially I was overwhelmed and I think it was mainly coordinating my life and school schedule. At the time I felt the online discussion cumbersome and kept me on the computer too long! By the 3rd of week, I got the grasp of the assignments and became comfortable setting up accounts with Twitter, Blogger, and Oovoo. Simultaneously, I incorporated many of the online links for this course and my class. I think the whole point is to become familiar with digital educational tools and decide which is more applicable for me. I think it's best to try them all and then go from there. One of my goals is to integrate podcasts which I never tried and check out learning video games that is suitable for my massage therapy students.I do not know of any online video games specifically for my profession as an R.M.T, I am open to suggestions.

 Here are the few links I shared lately and perhaps some of you might find it useful in your studies or teaching. Maybe the topics do not interest you but the presentation of the online sources might pique your interest:

https://www1.columbia.edu/sec/itc/hs/medical/anatomy_resources/anatomy/pelvis/index.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvbmbDdtzJI

http://globalnews.ca/news/2490589/heart-failure-rates-rising-in-canada-heart-and-stroke-foundation/

No comments:

Post a Comment