Tuesday 1 March 2016

Mission Accomplished

Final week with PIDP 3240: Media Enhanced Learning. 

My course is coming to an end and I wanted to share what I experienced and learned from PIDP 3240. 
  • Attempted to learn the Modle program...which never happened. 
  • Tried to set up ooVoo account, and I was successful however my broadband connection was so poor that I could not participate the introductory group meeting. 
  • The anxiety and frustration scored high on stress-o-meter. This is day 2.
  • Created Twitter account...now I can twit no tweet to my instructor.
  • Read chapters 1-11 in 4 weeks.
  • Discussion forums, I can do that! Wait there's 4 different forums! The topics included Web 2.0 Tools, and Copyright issues.  What are Web 2.0 Tools?  Online copyright issues....I shared so many pictures and quotes on Facebook, will I be arrested for that even though I am not charging anyone to like it?!?!?!
  • 4 days off from homework to recollect myself.
  • Reconnected with the discussion forums and respond as many as I can. 
  • Post a "Google Doodle" it's more entertaining!
  • Disconnected from the forums. Let's focus on journal reflections. 
  • Tweeted my instructor.
  • Successful in all of my journal reflections! Woot Woot! Woot!
  • Discussion forums...ummmmm not sure what to say. Uploaded online videos and articles on Vancouver Community College- School of Instructor Education Facebook (VCC-SIE FB).
  • Oh my goodness, I can blog and share blogs on VCC- SIE FB!
  • Discussion forums... created an intelligent sounding topic "Do you use podcast?".
  • Discussion forums...I searched for interesting online articles. Instead blogged more. 
  • Commented on student's post on VCC-SIE FB
  • Tweet, Blog, Discussion forums.
  • Is it over yet? What one more month left!?
  • Worked on rough drafts for assignment #2, #3, and #4. 
  • Discussion forums...counted my posts...Am I trailing behind!? Panic!
  • Blog, Blog, Blog
  • Tweet, VCC-SIE FB, Tweet, Discussion forums....Oh I have a good question "Are you an online teacher, if so, do you like it or do not like it?"
  • Tweet, VCC-SIE FB, discussion forums, proofread assignment #2, #3, and #4. Blog, update blog, oh right update LinkedIn.  
  • I'm doing great on the numbers of my posts on discussion forums
  • Disconnected from course.  
  • Two more weeks left.
  • My blogs need images!!! Updated them.
  • Awesome projects from students: Infographic, Podcasts, Pecha Kucha, Blogs
  • Awesome online articles, TED talks videos.
  • Tweet, blog, discussion forums, VCC-SIE FB, proofread assignments #2,#3,and #4. Repeat. Repeat Repeat.  
  • Handed in assignment #2 & #3, tweet to instructor
  • Commented on student's instructional videos on VCC-SIE FB which were great.
  • Added interesting posts on discussion forums
  • Responded on discussion forums
  • Tweeted some interesting articles
  • Blog, blog, blog
  • Packed my bag for Vancouver
  • One more assignment to go and this blog.
  • Watched the Oscars while working on this blog.    
  • Now in Vancouver, and handed my FINAL assignment and blog!

 
                                                     credit: Yahoo images

I enjoyed my experience with PIDP 3240: Media Enhanced Learning. The the most valuable thing I learned from this course is have some media tools available to assist the students to understand, connect, and learn about their courses. One tool I like to try to use is Gaming.  This is a new educational digital tool for me to apply in my teaching and I look forward to implementing it.  Podcast is another interesting educational tool that many seem to implement in their teaching, and I plan to give it a try. Another great learning activity I gained from PIDP 3240 is Blogging. I am very thrilled that I reconnected with my Blogger account and blogged as much as I could. Thank you PIDP 3240 students and instructor for providing many great valuable tools, knowledge, and awareness.








No comments:

Post a Comment